Sunday 12 August 2012

Marathon No.21 - Enigma August Bank Holiday Marathon


I've got lots to report back after completing last weekend's double Marathon but just don't know where to start............................
26.2 Mile Marathon - Sunday, 26th August 2012


Day 1 - The run started bad, I could feel the stitches and stomach cramps just as I set off, it was so painful and I was beginning to feel like I wouldn't make it and almost decided to quit the run.  It didn't help much that the weather was hot, and I had to keep drinking as much as I could.



I have to thank Foxy's Wife for making them awesomely delicious Homemade Chocolate Cookies, couldn't resist taking a piece on almost every lap and it was exactly what I needed to keep me going...............




Thankfully, as soon as I hit the last 10 Miles, I could no longer feel the stitches and cramps. My main objective for the day was to complete the Marathon in a good frame of mind for the Ultra the following day. I was very lucky to meet David Cremins and Kelly Jackson along the way, David was pacing Kelly throughout the whole 26.2 Miles. I joined them on the last bit of the course and we all held hands crossing the finishing line together..... Very touchy and emotional moment!
RUNNING BiB - Finish Time - 5 Hours, 22 Minutes & 27 Seconds

Me,Foxy & Ria...
Me & Traviss Willcox
Me, Race Director Karen Webber & Heather-M-Hamilton






The FINISH Medal...

No comments: