Monday 29 October 2012

Marathon No.27 - Dublin Marathon

Dublin 2012 was my 27th Marathon, My 2nd Dublin Marathon, My 15th Marathon of the year and my 3rd best 26.2 Mile time in all my running years.

1) Berlin in 2010 ~ 04:51:04
2) New York in 2009 ~ 04:54:04
3) Dublin in 2012 ~ 04:58:16
Dublin Marathon EXPO - 2012  - It was the 33rd Dublin Marathon, an unforgettable day indeed.
Registration Section...........
RDS - The Main HALL (For BiB Collection)
DUBLIN Marathon 2012 STARTS @ 9.00am
The organisation, atmosphere, and Irish hospitality was absolutely wonderful. 

Sign the WALL!!
When I ran my 11th Marathon in Dublin 2011 it was horrendously wet and cold throughout the second half and managed to complete the course in a time of 05:15:39 and still enjoyed the experience enough to want to go back again this year!

 An amazing 14,352 runners in total.

 Mile 'ONE'
 
 Mile 'TWENTY SIX'
It was a little congested for the first couple of miles even with the staggered start and then spreads out through Phoenix Park. The biggest hill is just after that at Chapelizoid, there was a small hill at 22 miles passing 'University College Dublin' but after that you are back in the city centre and on the home stretch. The undulating course gives your legs a chance to recover, so DEFINATELY a 'PB' potential.
The baggage Area!

Runners at the FINISH!
Me at the START. This years Dublin stayed dry for us, but it was very cold indeed.
I had my gloves on for most of the time as every time I took them off they got even colder.....

 My 27th Marathon BLING!!
The Pint of Guiness at 'The Kennedy's at Westland Row after the Marathon was well deserved. I met a new group of friends through 'Eddie' who've been persuading me to do the Connemarathon one day. A very picturesque Marathon that should not be missed in Ireland so I've been told!  ** Oh and Eddie if your reading this, Thank You for the Guiness!!

DUBLIN Marathon
Sunday, 28th October
 The Irish Independant Newspaper - (Marathon RESULTS) Tuesday 30th October 2012 Edition.
2012 FINISH Medal!

No comments: