Sunday 11 November 2012

Marathon No. 28 - Fox @ 40 Marathon

Today I ran my 28th Marathon (16th Marathon of the year - 2012).....

It wasn't until Thursday evening, just gone that I messaged the Fox asking him if he still had spare spaces available for the Weekend Run. I knew he had Double Events happening over Remembrance Sunday Weekend but wasn't too sure if there were still slots available. When he came back to me saying he could offer me a space for Sundays Marathon, I told him that I was interested. My train tickets to Milton Keynes and my hotel at the Premier Inn at the lakeside was immediately booked. I still have no regrets in entering, even tho my next Marathon was a week away (My 2nd Beaujolais Nouveau Marathon on 17th November 2012)

The event was very well organised and most of the runners participating in both events were the same usual suspects running Foxys events....

The course was very Undulating, Trail Marathon (With more UPS than DOWNS).... Slight mud area towards the start but wasn't anything major! It was quite cold with slight frosty patches first thing in the morning, but overall it was just the perfect weather for a nice SUNDAY morning Run.. Even the SUN came out at some point!!


It was a Cold, Frosty Sunday Remembrance Morning - 11th November 2012. A TWO Minutes Silence took place just before the Race STARTED...

 Today was my 3rd Marathon in 2012 running ENIGMA EVENT around Caldecotte Lake (The Marathon was 7 laps around the lake).. Yup very boring you may think. Even I got lost at least twice on the route today!

Bags of Banana and Water left on frosty ground
The TENT - Enigma Baggage Area

The area we left our food and drinks!
Me and Ruth at the START - We both just did the 2nd Day of the Fox @ 40 Marathon!
Liz Smith, Me and Kelly Jackson - At the FINISH LINE!
RUNNING BiB '400'
Me showing off with my MEDAL at the Windmill!

The ENIGMA Race Directors - Foxy & Karen in YELLOW Outfit having their MEETING Before & After the RACE!

Lee Radley with TOY Foxy!
Karen Webber - Enigma Race Director (With the BELL)
Fox @ 40 Marathon MEDAL - My FINISH Time was 5 Hours, 29 Minutes & 14 Seconds!


No comments: