Thursday 11 October 2012

Marathon No.25 - Chicago Marathon

This post may not be heavy on words but the pictures pretty much speak for themselves

 25th Marathon MEDAL! - FINISH Time : 5 Hours, 2 Minutes & 53 Seconds...

I was so excited to RUN the 2012 Chicago Marathon. My 25th Marathon, 4th Major and 13th Marathon of the year and my very first attempt to run the 'Bank of America Chicago Marathon'.

I was hoping this years temperatures would be much cooler than the previous years, and suprisingly it was.


At the START of the 35th Bank of America CHICAGO Marathon - October, 7th 2012

CHICAGO Inspires - Raising Money for 'MacMillan Cancer Support' in Memory of 'Penny Mickey Edwards'
( Fund Raised £223.75 - Includes Gift Aid)
*** Thank You to all those who've supported and sponsored me ***
Baggage Area

START Coral 'G' - Wave 2 Start Time : 8 a.m.
To All CORALS


Posing at the WATER Station

Mile 5..... Still another 21.2 Miles to go!!
Chicago Marathon
Event Alert GREEN

45,000 Runners, 1.7 Million Spectators & 12,000 Volunteers!
U.S. Trust CHEER Zone!
Me and Gerard O'Brien

48,000 Gallons of Gatorade Endurance Formula on the course




Empty Cups - There were AID stations at almost every mile...











A Tribute To The King - Elvis and Me!
A live BAND - Thought of 'PENNY' - Rockin 'N Rolling!

NIKE - You Own Chicago!

Welcome to Chinatown

Running through Chinatown
Was an amazing atmosphere running through Chinatown. Took my breath away!!











Nick greets me at the HALF way Mark...........

WINDY City - It was COLD at the FINISH!
Volunteers and Runners at The FINISH!
My legs were fine but my hands were FREEZING!







Runners kept giving me the 'Thumbs Up' when they'd seen what was printed on my back. Penny, you really did inspire me to keep on going on Sundays Chicago Marathon.
Goody Bag at the FINISH
70,000 Bananas on the course


Runners FINISH Refreshments - 312 Urban Wheat Ale!
Buckingham Fountain, Chicago IL
 Showing off with my MEDAL at the Navy Pier, Chicago IL
Me, Lesley, Davey, Nicole & Nick @ Quartinos on N. State St, Chicago, IL
Chicago Sun-Times
Bank of America
Nike
Merrill Lynch
Goodies inside 'Participant Packet'
CHICAGO Sun-Times - Monday, October 8th 2012 Edition!

 Candle Burning for Penny in Hotel, CHICAGO - Always will be remembered. RIP Penny xXx

No comments: